Galileo to present “Peter Pan”

Tickets are currently on sale for the March 20 and 21 performances of the classic children's musical

Back to Article
Back to Article

Galileo to present “Peter Pan”

MaeKayla Wells, Staff Writer

The Galileo Theatre Guild and Glee Club are set to perform the classic, Peter Pan at O.T. Bonner Middle School March 20 and 21.

Students taking part in the production of Peter Pan are Sophomores Alex Reddy, playing Peter

Pan, Isabella Piccolo, playing Peter Pan’s Understudy a Brave, Abby Schleifer, playing Wendy. Paityn Arnn, playing Michael, Eden Gibson, playing Tiger Lily, Janie O’Neal, playing Lost Boy Twin 1, Autumn O’Neal, playing Lost Boy Twin 2 and Nana, the dog,and Michelle Holt, the Tinker Bell operator.

Freshmen Nick Matherly is playing John, Heather Toone, playing Lost Boy Tootles, Playing the Braves are Ariel Lee, Autumn Wiggins.

Seniors Jesse Saunders plays Captain Hook and Mr. Darling, Donte Tanner, Desmond Gould and Ajah Watkins, playing pirates named Skylights, Starkey, and Noodler, Shakira Hairston, playing the crocodile.

Juniors Kassidy Ingram, playing Mrs. Darling and a Brave, Mingan Hatfield, playing Smee.

Eighth-Graders Amber Nocilla, playing Lost Boy Slightly, Sierra Hatfield, playing Lost Boy Curly, and Daisy Tickle, who plays a Brave and Jane, Wendy’s daughter.

It is scheduled to be performed on March 20 and 21 at Bonner Middle at 6:30. There are two schools, Forest Hill Elementary and Gibson Elementary, scheduled to come see the

production on Thursday, with one more school possibly attending. Theatre Teacher and Sponsor

Glenn Weyler said it is going as planned.

“We have a lot of new people this year, it has been interesting learning to work together; there

are a lot of different energies in rehearsal!” Weyler exclaimed.

“It is probably the most ambitious play Galileo has done.” Weyler stated, “Everybody has

supported them a lot and there were many resources put in it.

Sophomore Abby Schleifer, who plays the eldest Darling child, Wendy, is transitioning from a

child into a grown woman, while having a relationship with Peter. Schleifer says she’s excited to

play Wendy.

“It is interesting playing a different character like this, especially with a British accent!”

Schleifer said it’s a great experience to be one of the main characters in the play. Schleifer also

thinks this version will be different from Disney’s because, “there’s more music and the lost

boys are a tad different too.”

Senior Jesse Saunders plays Captain Hooke as well as Mr. Darling. “Hooke is a man with childish instincts who flaunts his stuff and Mr. Darling just nags a lot,” Saunders said.

“Playing a main character is cool, it’s exciting and I’m not nervous at all!” Saunders also added

that he enjoys this version better than Disney’s.

Junior Mingan Hatfield, who plays Smee, Hooke’s second in command, stated, “I first went out

for Hooke but I am much more pleased with this role. Smee sucks up to the captain and tries to

keep him happy, which isn’t easy because the captain is moody!”

Sophomore Eden Gibson, who plays Tiger Lily, one of the native Indians of Neverland

commented, “I’m excited, it’s fun! I get to pretty much do whatever I want!” Gibson also remarked, “It’s the first play I’ve done with my new friends.”