Today’s Announcements

Speeding is the cause of most fatal teen driver crashes ages 16-19. 52% of those teen drivers killed in 2016 were not wearing their seat belts! Buckle up and drive the speed limit! Don’t forget “Buckle Up” day this Thursday! Wear your belt and be counted!

You have an opportunity to win $200, $300, or even $500. All you have to do is develop a business idea. An interest meeting will be held today at 3:15 p.m. in the cafeteria. See Mrs. Culley in Room 5 for more details.

Theatre Guild will meet tomorrow until 3:45 p.m.  Members come prepared to organize the spring fundraising performance.  

Gaming club will meet in Mr. Smith’s room until 4:15 p.m. tomorrow and next week, April 5.  

Tomorrow we will be having cheeseburgers or spicy chicken, lettuce and tomato, string beans, french fries, fresh fruit and fruit cocktail in the cafeteria.

Attention seniors!  The Jostens graduation representatives will be here on Thursday during all lunches to deliver graduation announcements & caps & gowns in the Cafeteria. Final balances must be paid with cash or money order as (No Personal Checks) will be accepted. Students can pay online any time BEFORE THURSDAY, or call 1-800-JOSTENS. This is a one day delivery. The Jostens representatives can also take class ring orders with a $50 deposit for any sophomores; Jr’s or seniors during lunch.

Cap and Gown portraits will be taken this Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Research Center. Caps and gowns will be provided for you. You must wear the cap in your portrait so plan your hairstyle accordingly. Wait in your second period class until you are called to have your picture made. These pictures are not repaid. You will get proofs in about three weeks after they are taken.

The Beta Club will be celebrating World Down Syndrome Awareness Day this Friday by encouraging everyone to dress in Wacky Tacky attire including your most outrageous socks. The Wacky Tackiest Person will win a $10 Chick-fil-A gift card so try your best to out-do the rest!

Anyone interested in helping to decorate for the Prom needs to sign up on Mrs. Murphy’s door no later than Thursday.  We will decorate after school on Friday. You must have a ride here to pick you up no later than 6 p.m.

Voting for Prom Prince and Princess will end Friday.  Each vote is twenty-five cents.  Please see Mrs. Fain to place your vote.

Galileo’s 2017 Jr / Sr Prom will be this Saturday from 8 p.m. until midnight. The cost is $30 per ticket. No tickets will be sold at the door.

Averett is now accepting applications for this year’s Junior Leadership Southside class.  Junior Leadership Southside is a one-week, immersive program that provides leadership orientation and development to local high school juniors and seniors. Sessions include speakers and activities that provide a holistic approach to leadership orientation and development.  Dates for this year’s program are June 11-16, 2017 and will be held primarily on Averett’s campus.  Applications are due Friday, April 7. Please see Ms. Hatchett or Mrs. Riddle for more information.